OK, related issue. I was able to display the info I needed but there is a rub. The list of posts need to be grouped into 2 groups and displayed as groups. So, I created a view that displays one set and that works great. I then created a view that displays the second set, and that view works great. But when I try and have both views active for the same taxonomy, then only the second one displays. I have their orders set as 1 and 2 accordingly, but only 2 displays when both views are published. If I set 2 to Draft, then 1 displays correctly.
A simple solution would be to combine both views together but I found no documentation on how to reset the query in the view. If I simply try and re-loop it, I get no results. So, if there is a simple way in a view to reset the query, then that would solve my problem the easiest way.