I have a WooCommerce store and use the full suite of MetaBox plugins. I recently upgraded to MB Custom Post Type v2.6.2 and found that a series of fatal errors occur in the store that appear to go away when deactivating the plugin or downgrading back to v2.6.1.
A number of the new issues that appear when v2.6.2 is active are:
1. The name / sku / stock etc. content on the WooCommerce Products admin page is blank
2. Trying to edit a product causes a number of PHP fatal errors such as: "Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to member function get_catalog_visibility() on bool..."
3. WooCommerce Products do not display on product pages
4. A PHP Error is thrown for register_post_type() by the mb-custom-post-type component: "Function register_post_type was called incorrectly. Post type names must be between 1 and 20 characters in length. (This message was added in version 4.2.0.)"
5. A PHP Error is thrown for register_taxonomy() by the mb-custom-post-type component: "Function register_taxonomy was called incorrectly. Taxonomy names must be between 1 and 32 characters in length. (This message was added in version 4.2.0.)"
6. A PHP wc_doing_it_wrong error shows numerous times per page "Function wc_get_product was called incorrectly. wc_get_product should not be called before the woocommerce_init"
These issues appear to be resolved by downgrading to v2.6.1.
Has any one else seen issues with v2.6.2 and have you resolved them? Hoping there is a resolution out there.
Please share your site credentials here https://metabox.io/contact/
I will take a look.
I am having the same issues with v2.6.2. Have downgraded to 2.6.1 and disabled auto-updates to keep the shop running. I'm on PHP 7.4.33, WooCommerce 8.3.1, WordPress 6.4.2, Jevelin Theme 5.8.
Same errors occur when using Twenty Twenty Four and Twenty Twenty Three themes.
Deactivating plug-in 2.6.2 resolves the shop problem, but all the custom category pages then bounce to the home page.
The product category page still shows the correct number of products, but any product-specific page, the shop home page, or product administration page throws an error.
The issue here is some post types of other plugins/theme are managed by Meta Box Post Types. It was an issue in the past with the old version of MB CPT. To fix this issue, please go to Meta Box > Post Types > Remove all post types that you have not created. Do the same with taxonomy.
Let me know how it goes.