I am using the meta box group skin. I have a link within one of my sub-fields, however when i output this in elementor (choosing my meta box field within the link widget), it is outputting as an array. I will try to fix with a shortcode, but just so you know.
Can you please share a part of the code of a group field with the link subfield? I will check it on my end.
'name' => __( 'Add Resources', 'your-text-domain' ), 'id' => $prefix . 'resources_group', 'type' => 'group', 'clone' => true, 'sort_clone' => true, 'max_clone' => 3, 'fields' => [ [ 'name' => __( 'Resource Name', 'your-text-domain' ), 'id' => $prefix . 'name_of_resource', 'type' => 'text', ], [ 'name' => __( 'Resource Details', 'your-text-domain' ), 'id' => $prefix . 'resource_details', 'type' => 'textarea', 'tooltip' => [ 'icon' => '', 'position' => 'right', ], ], [ 'name' => __( 'Resource Link', 'your-text-domain' ), 'id' => $prefix . 'resource_link', 'type' => 'url', 'tooltip' => [ 'icon' => '', 'position' => 'right', ], ],
I do not see that issue when outputting the subfield URL value in a cloneable group. After creating a group skin in Templates > Theme Builder, you need to edit the post with Elementor and insert the widget Meta Box Group to select the group and skin to display subfield value on the frontend.
Here is the demo screen record https://monosnap.com/file/b9qaHxQ5LknR99Os0DJqjuPaWNS7FP
I only have the issue when I use the URL. For example, in a button that then links to that URL. I am also able to output as text! But if I add the URL as a link then when that button is pressed it outputs as "array"
Please share your site credentials via the contact form again https://metabox.io/contact/, I will help you to investigate the issue.
It looks like the button widget of Elementor does not work with the subfield value in a group. I will inform the development team to consider supporting this case in future updates.
Thanks for your patience.
Also if you add a link to a heading, the same problem occurs (so not just the button).
Thank you for your help.
Please update this extension to the new version 2.1.3 to resolve this issue. Let me know how it goes.
I checked this and now works perfectly! Thank you so much for your help!