Given a site with:
- At least 10 CPT's
- Some CPT's have as few as three custom fields in a single meta box
- Some CPT's have several dozen fields spread across multiple meta boxes
- We need to be able to relate some CPT's to each other with the "MB Relationships" addon
- We need to be able to relate some CPT's to each other via dropdown controls in one CPT editor that lists posts of another CPT to create a dependency effect of sorts (sometimes the list will be limited by a taxonomy term, and sometimes not limited, showing all posts in that CPT)
What are the benefits and risks to using the "MB Custom Table" addon such that:
- All fields from all meta boxes from all CPT's (and some pages) are handled in the same custom table, vs,
- Fields from each CPT's meta boxes are stored in a separate table that is dedicated to those fields (that one CPT), plus,
- One more custom table for storing field data from meta boxes that have been attached to specific pages or page groups?
Do we lose any capabilities going with separate tables? Are there any performance gains or other benefits in this approach?