I have the same issue. Wasted more than a week to find a solution. Nothing helped.
I have the same issue. Updated to newest version: Metabox 5.7.3 and Meta Box AUI 1.21.2 and now have a lot of empty fields in the backend on hundreds of posts. Frontend works fine.
I reverted to Meta Box 5.6.18 and AIO 1.20.2. Still empty fields in the backend. What can I do?
I have this issue too using the latest version, in WYSIWYG fields. But if I click the text/html tab, the content shows up.
I'm having this issue as well.
I've created 3 custom fields for custom post type Portfolio.
In the back-end of the post, I enter the info into the fields, click update. Refresh the page, the fields are empty.
What could be the problem?
Meta Box Version 5.7.3 by MetaBox.io | Auto-updates disabled
Meta Box AIO Version 1.21.2 by MetaBox.io | Auto-updates disabled
WPCodeBox Version 1.4.1
I am using Relationships for this post type.
The Support found the problem on my Site. Somehow the empty fields had the option "Save field value" disabled. Activating them solved the problem.
Thank You to the support.
Dear Support Team,
According to JC's post, it seems that this problem occurs when the "Save Field" option is disabled.
Is this an unintended condition where the option is disabled due to a bug in the update?
I manage a very large number of websites and this issue is relevant to almost all of them.
If possible, I would like to fix the "Save Field" option back to its original state so that the site can be updated properly.
I can also share the problematic sites for the benefit of developers.
I have also sent you a direct inquiry email, so please contact me if there is anything I can do to help.
Thanks & Regards,
I am experiencing a similar issue. When I add taxonomy custom fields to my CPT, the field does not assign the post to the taxonomy. I have tried using the Taxonomy Advanced and disabling the option “Show on edit page”, but it doesn’t seem to resolve the problem.
I have been able to recover many sites with the latest version of Metabox.
It's works fine now.
I set max_input_vars to 500k.
I found an explanation below.