I use the login form functionality of MB User Profile on a customer's website. It took me quite a while to figure, but it seems that there is a problem when a " character is used in a password.
The form then always returns the "incorrect password" error message. I first thought it's a configuration issue but then at some point realized that it worked with another account with a different password.
I assume that it might be related to some escaping that's done with the input/password?
How to reproduce:
- Add a login form with mb_user_profile_login shortcode somewhere on the page.
- Create a test user with a simple (read: "weak") password like test123.
- Try to login via the previously created login form.
- Login should work as expected.
- Change password of the test user to test123".
- Try to login again.
- Login results in a "wrong password" error.